Max number of events hold in NV 5.1.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Max number of events hold in NV 5.1.1
From: Stephan Schwalb <sschwalb@DEBIS.DE>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:56:03 +0200
Hi netview freaks,

I already asked for that before but didn't get any response. Now I
checked some files and
found that the max number of events for the ControlDesk is limited to
1000:

/usr/OV/app-defaults/Nvevents:
!
! defines maximum number of events displayed by the application
! in the main event window.
! range: 1 to 1000
!
nvevents.maxNumEvents         : 1000
!
! defines maximum number of events displayed by the application
! in a dynamic window
! range: maxNumEvents to 9999
!
! Note: If the value specified is less than maxNumEvents, then
maxNumEvents
! will be used.  8000 was the value originally coded in the program, so
it
! is the default setting, but this may be too high for some
environments.
!
nvevents.maxNumDynamicEvents         : 8000
!
==> Does this mean that no more than 1000 Events can be kept ?? Did
anybody find a way to access
more than these 1000 (e. g. 20000) ?? I checked the HP-OV and found that
they havn't such a restriction. Or has somebody already wrote a script
to build a own events window out of the trap.log/
trapd.log.old ???

Any response welcome

Stephan

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards / Saludos

Stephan Schwalb

Systems engineer - Networkmanagement
debis - Systemhaus
Tel.: +49 (711)-17-49971