Re: Tivoli Support Site

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Tivoli Support Site
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:46:09 -0400
Well, Ken, my sources say differently.  My understanding was that your reseller
should get you an account number that will work directly, unless you have some
unusual contract with him.  There has never been any intention by Tivoli to keep
individual license holders off the support pages.  Rather the opposite is true.

Can you open a problem with Tivoli Support directly or does your reseller do
that for you too?  If you can open a Support call then that account number
should be good for the online support  (www.tivoli.com's link for support takes
you to www.support.tivoli.com) as well.

So what do you want to do?  Care to tell us (or just me) who your reseller is?
Can you determine the name of the person who authored this answer?

I will be happy to forward that information up the ladder to my management and
see if they can get a better answer.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Freeman Ken <Ken.Freeman@WOOLWICH.CO.UK> on 08/05/99 11:21:57 AM