Events stop coming into Evenst Display...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Events stop coming into Evenst Display...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:35:27 PDT
Hello All.

We have recently migrated to Netview 5.1.1.

After the migration, I noticed that the size of my trapd.log file was set to
26MB. I reduced this to 10MB because I felt that 26 MB was too much to surf
through with vi.

To be honest, I cannot recall what it was set to prior to migration.

Shortly after I did this, I noticed a strange problem. My events would stop
coming into my Events Display. Even though my trapd.log was still receiving
them! The only way to fix this was to perform a "ovstop and ovstart". After
that, all would be fine for a week or more, and now it has happened again!

Has anyone ever experienced this problem before? Could it be related to
changing the trapd.log size to 10Mb from 26Mb??

Also, I only have one rulset in the foreground and none in the background.
My maps still work fine and all else seems to be working fine, I am just
suddenly stop reeiving events in my Events Display.

Any help appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.