swap problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: swap problems
From: Oren Mamok <orenm@ns.tadiran.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 21:49:33 +0100
Hello all,
We have a nv6k v 4 running on AIX ver 4.2 .
After start up, the system's swap areas ( we have 3 on a diffrent disks)
become full ( 100%) and therfore the system can't create any fork.
When we kill the OV processes the swap areas become free . Of course
either way we can't run Netview.
In the log file of netnmrc we see no errors. except a netmon warning.
as i recall we did no changes except manually objects adding to the
production map.
Is that can be a database problem ( we saw that ovwdb process takes a
lot of cpu) ?
Greetings, Oren.