Re: Hardware Sizing for NetView???

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Hardware Sizing for NetView???
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 16:00:17 -0400
No benchmarks with this granularity exist.  And there is no tuning your could do
that I know of which would help optimize any of these measures if they did.  So
at this time, your best bet is to size memory as per the doc and cpu based on
that.  Obviously, a double processor will be better than a single, and many new
boxes are quad, so the advice is the same as in race cars: buy the fastest
hardware you can afford and take that out of the equation.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Don Seitz <don_seitz@INS.COM> on 08/12/99 02:14:38 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>