NT MLM problems forwarding events to NetView

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NT MLM problems forwarding events to NetView
From: Don Seitz <don_seitz@INS.COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:27:41 -0500
NetView  Forum

We have a NT MLM installed that initially when it came up, sent all info
about the devices in its managed subnet to the master NetView system.  We
then began to test it sending traps to the master.  This failed.  We setup
a switch on its managed subnet to send all traps to the MLM, and would
un-plug and then plug in a managed printer on this same sub-net.  The MLM
never sends any trap to the Master to inform that either the printer or the
switch is having problems.

When we look at the NT MLM config file it is setup to send all traps to the
master, and all other information in the config file looks correct.  If we
shut down the NT SNMP service and restart, we get a trap on the master that
the MLM is up, but we do not get any information about the devices it
manages nor does it ever forward traps.

The docs on configing and managing an NT MLM from an UNIX platform is lacking.

What do we look for to resolve this???

Thanks for any response...

Don A. Seitz
Network Systems Consultant   __/     __/ _/  __/ __/
don_seitz@ins.com           __/     __/  _/ __/ __/__/__/
pager 1-800-INS-1INS       __/     __/   _/__/       __/