Re: Paging on NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Paging on NT
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:55:25 -0400
You are aware, I take it, that NetView for NT 5.1 is out of support?

The 5.1.1 version of nvpage is better than 5.1, and the 5.1.2 will be much
better still (I have been working on it :-)  )
but unless you can tell us something about what is going wrong on your end, no
one can help you fix it.

nvpage is designed to work with the almost universal TAP protocol for paging
systems.  You might ask your service if that is the protocol they support and if
you are using the correct phone number to get it -- many companies require a
different number for automated pages than for human-initiated ones.

Your only other alternative is get some third-party package which will support
what you want to do.  The pager company may also know what that is if you ask
them.  Others are probably doing this too.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jeanie Cham <yccham@NCS.COM.SG> on 08/19/99 08:40:26 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>