Re: Hot standby configuration for Netview for Unix

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Hot standby configuration for Netview for Unix
From: "Ken Garst." <KGarst@GIANTOFMARYLAND.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:12:47 -0400
Here's some answers that were previously posted:

(Incidentally the issue about IP address takeover and hardware address swapping
is easily solved by setting Tivoli's /etc/wlocalhost file to contain an entry
saying the hostname of  the machine on which NetView is running.  Tivoli's oserv
daemon reads this file for validating it is on the proper server on startup.)

Ken Garst
02/04/99 02:19 PM