Re: How to trigger an event when a specific node down?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How to trigger an event when a specific node down?
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:29:21 -0400
To trigger your pager on a specific node down for NetView for NT you will need
to write a script or program which is passed the hostname from the Node Down
event -- this will be in var bind 2 for NetView events.   Your script then
checks the incoming hostname against a list of hosts that require a page and
calls nvpag to do it.  You run your script  by configuring the Node Down event
using Trap Settings.  In the "Run this command" box you put the full path to
your executable,  like this:
     C:\\usr\\ov\\bin\\myscript  $2

  Note that in this example you can have your script anywhere you like, it does
not have to be in \usr\ov\bin (and probably should not be since it is yours and
not NetView's).  But you must remember to use the double backslashes "\\" as a
single one is an escape character.

Good luck

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support