multiple netview mlm up traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: multiple netview mlm up traps
From: Rob Napholz <tel1rxn@njcmail.ups.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:20:09 -0400
Hello

On Aug 1 router "X"  went down i received a down event, 3 hrs later when
the router
came up I received a up event. On Aug 2,3,4,6 I also received up events,
no downs.

On Aug 9 router "X" went down again, i received a down and a up event
On Aug 14,14,16,17,19,20,23,24 I also received up events, no downs.

This is just a example of 1 router.  The problem is wide spread.

The router/interface only went down twice down. Why am I getting all of
these up events ?
The up events are for every interface on the router. The down event is
for only one interface.

The traps are all netview traps from a AIX MLM.

Should netview be discarding all of these traps since the are no
corresponding
down traps ?
why is netview generating all of these traps ?

If the problem was a missed poll/ping one would expect to see down
events not up.

Any ideas

thanks Rob