Re: Software working with Netview 5.1.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Software working with Netview 5.1.1
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:21:19 -0400
Well, it appears that nobody wants to say. Usually we are worrying whether
the latest versions will work. I will say that the Nways bit is so far out of
support
that it is anybody's guess. But if the 8230 PSM is all you want, it might be
worth
a try, if you have media. The mgtapptran is the part to worry about. Originally
this
was delivered as a PTF to Netview. I THINK in Nways V3 it was delivered
with Nways, in which case it might still work. It was replaced again in Nways
Manager for AIX V1, and is now gone altogether in V2.   I would worry about
it on AIX 4.3, and worry less on AIX 4.2.  You might have to try it. I also
cannot
comment on whether it is y2k-compliant.

Another idea: get current software? Nways V2 is now priced by node, so
upgrade for customers with only a few IBM devices are very attractively
priced. Check it out at http://www.ibm.networking.com.

I cannot even speculate on the Cisco. You should check with them, I think.

I4m planning the Migration from today`s NetView for AIX 4.1 to NetView
for AIX 5.1.1 .
I want know if the following Software will work correctly with
NetView for AIX Version 5.1.1:

- CISCO View Version 4.1.1
- NWAYS Campus Manager LAN Version 3.1 from 1997, here I need only the
IBM8230 Manager with corresponding PSM`s.

Thank you