Re: TEC integration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: TEC integration
From: Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 07:39:14 -0700
Jose,

I am using TECAD_NV6k to forward application events to
TEC.  To customize the TECAD_NV6K.cds, look at the
examples in the Adapter guide.  There aren't that many
examples for the Netview and Openview adapters, but
there are ones for AS/400 and OS/390 which uses the
same format.

To just forward Node Up and Down Traps, I would just
backup the tecad_nv6k.cds file, delete all of the
other event classes you are not concerned with.
Tecad_nv6k will not forward anything that's not
defined in the CDS file.  For my application events, I
just created a new TECAD_NV6k.cds and
TECAD_NV6K.baroc.

Example:

MAP_DEFAULT
  source = GENESYS ;
  origin = $AGENT_ADDR ;
  adapter_host = $AGENT_ADDR ;
END

CLASS genesys_configserver_unreachable
  SELECT
        1: ATTR(=,$ENTERPRISE) , VALUE(PREFIX,
"1.3.6.1.4.1.1729" ) ;
        2: ATTR(=,"genesysevent") , VALUE(CONTAINS, ":102:"
);
        3: ATTR(=,"genesysevent") , VALUE(CONTAINS,
"configserver" );
  FETCH
        1: IPNAME($AGENT_ADDR) ;
        2: SUBSTR($V2, 1, 8) ;
        3: SUBSTR($V2, 16, 100) ;
  MAP
        msg = PRINTF("CTI Component Alert:  %s: %s.
Components will not be able to restart or receive
changes.  PLEASE DO NOT CYCLE ANY CTI COMPONENTS UNTIL
RECTIFIED.", $F2, $F3) ;
        sub_source = ROUTER ;
        hostname= $F1 ;
        sub_origin = $F2 ;