Re: WHere to get Netview Patches

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: WHere to get Netview Patches
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 13:19:16 -0400
NetView does not provide patches at this time.  NetView provides cumulative
maintenance in the form of maintenance releases, which you order from the same
place and in the same way as you ordered the product itself.  The current
maintenance release is NetView 5.1.1 which is installed on top of NetView 5.1.
There will be a NetView 5.1.2 out by the end of this month.  If you have a
current maintenance contract then it should be automatically shipped to you as
soon as it becomes available in  your location.

If you have a particular problem, then you need to call Support and report it.
They can supply emergency fixes ("efixes") for particular known problems between
maintenance releases.  If there is no efix available then they can help diagnose
your problem and see that an APAR is taken if it is determined that the code is
broken.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Mogamat Kahaar <mogamat@SNSCON.CO.ZA> on 09/05/99 11:55:31 AM