Help with 3COM TEM 5.0 on AIX 4.3.2 and NetView V5.1.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Help with 3COM TEM 5.0 on AIX 4.3.2 and NetView V5.1.1
From: Frederic Mottiat <frederic_mottiat@BE.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 15:01:14 +0200
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has already succeeded to install 3COM TEM V5.0 on
a AIX 4.3.2 system where NetView 5.1.1 is running.
We tried to install it as standalone but :
- 3COM startup scripts will "ovstop" all daemons at system startup and will not
restart them
- NetView daemons cannot be started because snmpd is not running. 3COM stops the
native snmpd of AIX and uses one of his own...

If NetView is prevented from starting the situation is not better. Transcend
Central will not work either. When called via tc.csh, the EUI starts up but
keeps on saying me that it it "failed to talk to Transcend Central Server" and
that I have an "invalid Transcend Central Server". While tncs_diagnostics.sh
kindly tells me that everything is running fine.

All experiences welcomed !!!!
Thank you in advance

Frederic Mottiat

Frederic Mottiat - IBM Global Services (PSS-SMNS)