Interface Problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Interface Problems
From: Abdur Rehman I Mamsa <aimamsa@NOTES.WEST.RAYTHEON.COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:52:30 -0700
We are having problems adding symbols for workstations that do not exist
in NetView for AIX ver.4.1.

Using loadhosts, I added workstations that sit on two separate networks. Each
workstation has 2 ethernet interfaces. NetView added the symbols/objects
separately on different subnets, but each workstation only has a "lan0"
interface symbol. When I attempt to add an "en1" or "en2" interface to any
one of the workstations, the workstation on symbol on one network changes
to a router symbol (the OID changes) while the other one remains the same.

How can I add the "en1" and "en2" interfaces without having NetView change
the workstation symbol to a router symbol?

Thanks.[