Re: 1 file with 3 names

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: 1 file with 3 names
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:34:58 -0400

Use the ln command.
There is nothing special about the binary itself, though as you say it checks
argc to see how it was invoked.  But this is not necessary.  You can create a
hard link to any binary with ln, as long as it is in the same file system.  To
go across filesystems you must use the -s flag to create a soft link.  See the
man page.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"MENEZES, ALAIN" <alain.menezes@FORTISBANK.COM> on 09/13/99 05:46:10 AM