Re: Transcend 5.0 + Netview 5.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Transcend 5.0 + Netview 5.1
From: "MENEZES, ALAIN" <alain.menezes@FORTISBANK.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:31:19 +0200
Hi Jeanie,

Here's what was said earlier on the forum by Ranjan Goel :

     Transcend NCS v5.0 for UNIX does not support NetView or AIX 4.3.2 right
out
of the box. A patch was issued in Aug 99 for Transcend that allowed for
partial
support of NetView 5.1 on AIX 4.3.2.
     By the end of this year there will be another Transcend patch that will
have better integration with Netview 5.11 on AIX 4.3.2. All 3Com MIBs,
Traps,
bitmaps, and symbols etc. will be automatically integrated with NetView
along
with application launch point.
     Additionally, this Transcend patch will provide the support for Solaris
2.6
and NNM 6.01. There are no plans to support NetView on Solaris at this time.

     Transcend patch CDs can be ordered (for free) from 3Com's support
website:
http://support.3com.com/software/network_management.htm

Al
Alain Menezes
ASLK-CGER Services GIE                          *:  +32 2 228.55.74
Rue Fossé-aux-Loups, 48                               *:  +32 2 228.83.69
1000  Bruxelles                                                 *:
Alain.Menezes@fortisbank.com
SDFG