Re: addtraps.2210 script

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: addtraps.2210 script
From: Juan Echevarria <echevarria@ES.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:41:43 +0200

James,

     many thanks. It works OK!!

Juan Echevarría López
AT&T Global Network Services ----Tel: +34.91.3979764   Fax: +34.91.6768802
Internet: echevarria@es.ibm.com       Lotus Notes: IBMES(83889531)

James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM> on 20/09/99 16:30:14

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Juan Echevarria Lopez/Spain/IBM)

I cannot answer your specific question about 2210 system levels and the traps
they send.

However, addtrap will not replace nor update an existing trap in your
trapd.conf.  So if you already have an old definition for the same enterprise id
and specific trap id,  it will not be changed.  All you will be doing is adding
the new, additional definitions.  If you want add tap to replace your old ones
you would have to use xnmtrap to delete them first.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Juan Echevarria <echevarria@ES.IBM.COM> on 09/20/99 03:24:46 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>