Configuration of RIM object

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Configuration of RIM object
From: Undetermined origin c/o LISTSERV administrator <owner-LISTSERV@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:40:50 -0400
Hi,

Enviroment: NetView 5.1.1 on AIX 4.1 , Server: jupiter.caps.maine.edu
Database: Oracle, server: saturn.caps.maine.edu

We created the TME 10 NetView Database in the database server and used
the following command to create the RIM object:

  wcrtrim -v Oracle -h jupiter.caps.maine.edu -d UMSB -u jupiter -H
/usr/OV/oracle/product  -s   saturn_tcp_UMSB netview

                     note:  /usr/OV/oracle/product is in
jupiter.caps.maine.edu side

  This command was successful. By using  'wgetrim netview', we got:

        RIM Host:       jupiter.caps.maine.edu
        RDBMS User:     jupiter
        RDBMS Vendor:   Oracle
        Database ID:    UMSB
        Database Home:  /usr/OV/oracle/product
        Server ID:      saturn_tcp_UMSB
        Instance Home:

And we created the snmpCollect database Tables successfully. However,
when we tried to transfer the snmpCollect data by using
"/usr/OV/bin/nvColTabl -C -v" command, We got the following error
message:

  /* 1999-09-21 10:40:58   nvColTable */
 Application Id: nvColTable,     Logfile name: /usr/OV/log/dblog,
Tracefile name: /usr/OV/log/dbtrace,          Tracemask: 96
/* 1999-09-21 10:40:58   nvColTable */
Executing nvColTable utility.
/* 1999-09-21 10:40:58   nvColTable */
Error no 77: Msg RIM dir_lookup_instance failed.
/* 1999-09-21 10:40:58   nvColTable */
Could not open database

Unable to open database with DB type = RIM, login ID = , Server name =
netview@jupiter.

What's wrong with RIM configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Wenlong