I think this is the solutio Was: [Re: Configuration of RIM object - take

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: I think this is the solutio Was: [Re: Configuration of RIM object - take 2]
From: Chris Cowan <chris.cowan@2ND-WAVE.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:26:19 -0500
Vladimir Petr wrote:

> John,
> I will add a few comments. I have never used RIM with NetView but I have
> with TEC and Inventory. The principles are the same.

I've configured all 3 and I think I know what your problem is:

The RIM object needs to be named "netview@hostname" not "netview".

The reason:

You can have multiple Netview Servers in a TMR and each would require a
unique RIM object (since they have unique database).

Don't feel bad, I drove myself crazy because the sqlplus and wrimtest
were working.  I had done 5 or 6 tivoli deployments with Inventory and
TEC, so I thought I knew what I was doing.   Fortunately, one of the
netview messages kicked out an error message about not being able to
find a RIM object "netview@hostname".