Re: Duplicate router discovery

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Duplicate router discovery
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 09:04:29 -0400
Once NetView discovers a device by one interface he uses SNMP to get the
configuration and learn about other interfaces on that box.  So if you are
seeing duplicate routers with different interfaces on them, then most likely
your router is not responding to SNMP requests.  You should check the community
name among other things.

This information is covered in the NetView Diagnosis manual

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Seldom Seen <smokew@HOTMAIL.COM> on 10/01/99 07:01:18 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>