Re: Enable traps for mailing.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Enable traps for mailing.
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:30:23 -0400
What is an "alert trap"?   Is it something special?

If you want to configure a trap to cause a mail message to be sent then you
could do that using the UNIX mail command as an automatic action in the trap.
You use xnmtrap to configure the trap with the correct mail command.  This one
will work:

echo "text you wish to put plus $variables" | mail [Email Address]

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Theo Odendaal <theoo@IFUSION.CO.ZA> on 10/04/99 02:20:23 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>