Re: NetView On NT Property Sheet "Comments"

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView On NT Property Sheet "Comments"
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:12:27 -0400
I think the comments you are talking about are  a holdover from UNIX.  These you
can add from the GUI by selecting an object and using the context menu to Edit
--> Modify/Describe the Object.  The   comments are actually part of the map
database, under the Object Id there.   So the only way to see them externally,
except from the GUI, would be to do an ovmapdump -v , which dumps the entire map
database, and search through the output.   I am not certain but I believe you
can retrieve this information programmatically with OVwGetObjectInfo, which is
map-specific.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@INTEL.COM> on 10/01/99 05:47:31 PM