Re: Authentication Variables

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Authentication Variables
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:29:45 -0400
In a ruleset, $1 as defined in trapd.conf, becomes $NVATTR_1 .   So I am as
puzzled by what you say as you are.

If you want to be sure of what's in the trap, then you could use xnmtrap to
modify this trap's log statement by having it say "$*", then when the next one
comes in, trapd will display all the variables, so you can be sure what you are
getting.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Howard Allison <howard@HOWARD-ALLISON.COM> on 10/05/99 05:50:11 AM