forwarding NV traps as T/EC events - one more try

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: forwarding NV traps as T/EC events - one more try
From: Dieter Zavelberg <dieter.zavelberg@DATEV.DE>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:51:21 +0200
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von:    Dieter Zavelberg [SMTP:dieter.zavelberg@datev.de]
Gesendet am:    Mittwoch, 6. Oktober 1999 17:56
An:     'NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU'
Betreff:        forwarding NV traps as T/EC events

Hi all,

I'm going to setup a TME10 Framework Environment including NV trap/event
forwarding to a T/EC.
Because I have to forward the events through a firewall a fixed ServerPort
is defined in /usr/OV/conf/tecint.conf - and it works ok.

But:
Accidently the configuration file on the T/EC server was overwritten by its
default file so that the server after it's restart assumed a dynamic port
handling via portmapper.
Inbetween nvserved on the NV box has been restarted too (configured with
that fixed port) so that I expected that all events now have to go to
  /etc/Tivoli/tec/cache  because nvserverd shouldn't be able to establish a
connection to the destination port ...
But the cache file was empty and all the events went to the T/EC via a
dynamic allocated port.

Does anybody know sth. about that behaivor? Do I misunderstand how this
fixed port stuff works?
Is it a bug with an APAR for?

I'm running AIX 4.2.1-ML3 and NV 5.1 .

TIA