Re: X-Server crashes traversing NetView topology

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: X-Server crashes traversing NetView topology
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:31:38 -0400
What level of AIX are you running?

I have worked with NetView since V4 was right out of the box and I have never
seen anything such as you describe.  In fact, nothing NetView does as an
X-client should in any way affect the X-server.  AIX should have code which
prevents the X-server from crashing no matter what fool thing a client might do.
I would open a problem to AIX and get whatever patches exist for your level of X
and see what that does.  If you are not up to speed on Netview PTFs I would get
those too, but there is nothing in them that I know of for your problem.

The latest NetView levels are these:
      U459387 (server 12/11/98)     U459388 (client 12/11/98)
      U462279 (server 10/01/99)     U462280 (client 10/01/99)

lslpp -ha nv6000.base.obj    will show you what you have

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Abdur Rehman I Mamsa <aimamsa@NOTES.WEST.RAYTHEON.COM> on 10/15/99 12:46:59 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>