Logging of Event Messages

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Logging of Event Messages
From: Matthias Widmann <mwidmann@DEBIS.DE>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:18:12 +0200
Hello everybody,

First some informations:
Running AIX 4.3.2,    NV5.1.1
I ran into trouble trying to implement a simple thing.
Is it somehow possible to write out (into a file) the exact string of
the OVEvent-Display?
I want to use a Ruleset logging the text beeing shown in the
Event-Display for some events.
I thought of using an action that echos variables after the traps passed
some Collection or database queries.
It seems to me that no global variable exists for that complete string,
this is kind of troublesome escpecially
when the string is a combination of some variables and the action should
work for different events.

Any ideas how to handle that?
Is there a global variable for the string shown in NVEvents?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Matthias Widmann
debis (Services by DaimlerChrysler)