Re: RE : StrataView on AIX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: RE : StrataView on AIX
From: Stephan Schwalb <sschwalb@DEBIS.DE>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:47:35 +0200
Hi Vassila,

no, I didn't forgot you but I was awaiting SV 9.1.09 and today I installed it on
AIX 4.3.2.
The install succedded without any problems when I seperated the SV-install in
the two mentioned parts (were you can run /usr/users/svplus/INSTALL seperately)
and inbetween I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to point to a libc.a from AIX 4.2.1
.

But when running SV+, in starting the core processes we got  an "<tfmgr> init
logger fail" and a lot
of smux failures. So it might be because of AIX 4.3.2 but I'm not sure about. At
all
using AIX 4.2.1 I didn't have any smux problems.

Finally also the desktop doesn't start up.
Did you get any feedback from Cisco in the meantime ??
Didn't you have problems when starting core processes ???
By the way, I finally got SV+ 9.1.07 to run only after applying patch 1.

greetings___Stephan

Vassila Natassa schrieb:

> Stephan,
> thank you for your answer. I've run into the same kind of problems in
> installing it on
> AIX 4.3.2. At the moment, StrataView is operational (I haven't really
> noticed the status
> propagation problem but anyway).
> The problem I have is that the SNMPAgent component does not work at all. I
> start the
> SNMPAgent and it core dumps. It gives the following message:
>
> Setup select/poll problem: Bad file number
> SNMPAgent: Error processing configuration.
>
> I've kept the original configuration file for the SNMPAgent (port 8161).
> Have you seen anything similar yourself???
> Did you have any smux problems at installation???
> Any help will be appreciated. I have sent a question to cisco about it.
> Thanks
>
> Natasa

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards / Saludos

Stephan Schwalb

Systems engineer - Networkmanagement
debis - Systemhaus
Tel.: +49 (711)-17-49971