MIB application builder

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: MIB application builder
From: Kuffer Andreas <Andreas.Kuffer@KUONI.CH>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:22:23 +0200
Running NetView 5.1.1 with AIX 4.3.2. I successfully added a MIB application
SNMP named table1 doing a query of some standard MIB-variables.
Selection rule is (isSNMPSupported)¦¦(isSNMPProxied). Selecting a SNMP
device I can start the application from the Monitor menu. Now I change the
behavior of the device from exploding to execution (via
edit...modify/describe...symbol) of my application table1. I do get the
error message: Unable to set the symbol behavior to executable. Action and
target object(s) are not compatible.

It seems that there are different selection rules for execution. Can I
adjust them? How, Where?

Any hints, suggestions are more than welcome...Andreas

With kind regards / mit freundlichen Gruessen

Andreas Kuffer

Kuoni Travel Ltd.
Neue Hard 7
CH-8010 Zuerich