labels on symbols after discovery...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: labels on symbols after discovery...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:13:35 PDT
Hello All.

I added a node (it's IP address) to my seedfile today. Then I added the
appropriate entry to my /etc/hosts file for name resolution. Then I did a
"netmon -y". The object gets discovered no problem BUT the label on the
symbol is the IP address and not the name which I placed in the /etc/hosts
file.

It was my understanding that if name resolution has been set up for a device
(either /etc/hosts or DNS) then when Netview discovers the node then it will
automatically use the hostname (instead of the IP address) for the symbol
label ?? Is this the way it should work ??

Can anyone provide any insight on this??

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.