Re: Loading MIBs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Loading MIBs
From: Ken Garst <Ken.Garst@KP.ORG>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:47:05 -0700
I had a problem loading MIBs into NetView once upon a time and the Tivoli
Support Desk tracked it down to this diagnosis:  The mosy compiler version that
NetView uses is almost invariably behind the mosy compiler version that vendors
use since they are constantly updating their MIBs.

Having said that, the trick is to edit the vendor's .my file and
remove/change/alter the syntaxt to be accepted to the NetView mosy compiler.
This is rough  going at first, but once you get the hang of it, your future
fixes can be done thick and fast...and more and more.

Regards,
ken
ken.garst@kp.org