Re: RMon2 & Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: RMon2 & Netview
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:27:08 PDT
I think that RFC1757 is a replacement for RFC1271 that has the token ring
extensions (not 100% sure. But that brings up another good question, what
RFC then is for RMON2 ??

Can anyone shed any light on this.

Within IBM's Nways Manager product (latest version is version 2.0 for AIX),
there is something called Traffic Monoitor. This is a RMON2 application.
This product, like the rest of Nways, integrates with Netivew, OR, it can be
run as a standalone application. I beleive you can also purchase it
separately from the entire Nways application.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.