ipmap died on signal: SIGSEGV (11) (see /var/opt/OV/log/ipmap_err.log)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: ipmap died on signal: SIGSEGV (11) (see /var/opt/OV/log/ipmap_err.log)
From: Mamadou <mamadou@CESAR.ORG.BR>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:32:00 -0200
Hi List,

I have a problem when I try to open my map

The map and event categories window are opened but I receive the

following repeted message on my console:

ipmap died on signal: SIGSEGV (11) (see /var/opt/OV/log/ipmap_err.log)

and sometimes later:

Fatal IPMap error: Cannot connect to database and a window message error

Fatal object database error: Connection to databas lost

looking on the netmon.trace I have the following message

Thu Nov 4 10:16:34 GMT 1999

Cannot communicate with SNMP daemon via loopback address (127.0.0.1); it is

either not running or has been configured with a community name different

from that configured into OpenView for this system. If a community name has

been configured into the SNMP daemon, that community name must be configured

via xnmsnmpconf or ovsnmpconf for address 127.0.0.1 as well as for the

hostname or IP address of this system. It is also possible that the

MIB-II sub-agent is not running or responding to the master agent.

my snmpd.conf looks like OK.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem

Regards, Mamadou