Netview 5.1.1 on NT Server and Client

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview 5.1.1 on NT Server and Client
From: Matthias Goellnitz <GOELL@DE.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:02:16 +0100
Hi,

I have installed netview server v5.1.1 on a windows nt-server
and netview v5.1.1 client on a windows nt-workstation

How can I start the netview console direct on the netview server?
If I use the netview client console so I can use some analys tool (ping)
the ping works from my client workstation to the tarket node. The ping is ok,
the connection is ok but the symbol of node is still in critical state there is
no
update of topology database for latest node state.

I think I must initiate the ping command from the netview server site, but
the netview console does not start. I think we need a client on the netview
server
to start the netview desktop, is it so?

Why does the client have only read permissions because
in boot clientpermission.txt file the entry of client node and user is done.

Do you have any idea

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours Sincerely
Matthias Goellnitz

IBB-Sued Schweinfurt
Network Station Management
Phone ++49 (0) 9721-91-4207