ORA-00001: unique constraint (NETVIEW.VARIDINDEX) violated error when ru

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: ORA-00001: unique constraint (NETVIEW.VARIDINDEX) violated error when running nvColToSQL -v
From: Mark van Kerkwyk <kerkwyk@COMTECH.COM.AU>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:16:17 +1000
Hi,
     anyone got any idead what might be causing this problem.
I have one device (Bay Router) where the transfer into Oracle for data collected
for ifInOctets failes 100% of the time.

I am using Netview 5.1.1 (on Solaris 2.6) & Oracle 7.3.4 on NT4

I have been collecting information for many other devices for over a year on
this Netview box, but this one Router causes the data transfer to fail for all
instance 1 data.

The data seems to be collected correctly within Netview, it's just the transfer
to Oracle fails, and only for this single router and this particular serial
interface, the ethernet interface on the same router gets transferred correctly.

Mark

Here is an extract from rim_db_log

00024883 [Fri Nov 12 15:11:15 1999] Trace Message - Connection ID::
IOM Command: INSERT
row_param: <NULL>
rows: No. of Rows: 1
First Row : Table Name : varInfo Columns:
        varID(S): .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10
        varName(S):
.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets
        varUnits(S): units/sec
        varType(S): COUNTER
number1: 1
number2: 0
string1:
string2:

00024883 [Fri Nov 12 15:11:15 1999] Connection ID: 0, Operation:
val_execute_sql::oexec, DB Call: val_execute_sql::oexec
SQL Command: insert into varInfo (varID, varName, varUnits, varType) values
(:varID, :varName, :varUnits, :varType)
        ORA-00001: unique constraint (NETVIEW.VARIDINDEX) violated

This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper.