AW: disable NV WEB SERVER

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: AW: disable NV WEB SERVER
From: Stefan.Beck@HVBINFO.COM
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:05:01 +0100
The Netview Web Server is started automatically in the netview/nv6000 script
in /usr/OV/bin when you open the gui.

(naturally root can start the NetView Web Server via
GUI->Administer->NetView Web Interface->Start Web Server. If you want this
menu to disappear (for any reason), you'll have to move
/usr/OV/registration/C/webquery.reg out of the registration tree.)

That's what I've done at our site:
I commented out the following line in /usr/OV/bin/netview
#/usr/OV/web/httpd/NetViewWebServer 2>/dev/null >/dev/null &

I don't know if that's the preferred way, but it works at least for me.

Remember that modifications to /usr/OV/bin/netview will (most probably) be
lost after applying patches/updates to NetView !!!

regards
Stefan Beck