Re: Seed file problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Seed file problem
From: Mearl Danner <jmdanner@SAMFORD.EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:43:10 -0600
I had that problem when I was trying to cut the Class A private addresses into
more managable chunks.

Seems, at least involving seed files, Netview does not like wild cards that fly
in the face of the default subnet mask of an IP address. I was able to use
10.*.*.* (default mask 255.0.0.0), but not 10.200.*.*. Apparently it can only
use wildcards that cover the whole node address range of a particular class.

We're on 4.1.2 on AIX 4.2.1.

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:54:21 +0100 "Nochta, Zoltan"
<nochta@COOPERATION-MANAGEMENT.DE> wrote:

>                                         Hi Everybody,
>
> I have this error message in nv.log:    "Unable to translate address
> 129.13.41.*; not adding hint for it."
>
> Netview seems not to work with the wild card *.
>
>                                 Thanks for any help, Zoltan

Mearl Danner
Network Engineer
Email: jmdanner@samford.edu