Re: Netview Service Point V1.2.2 on AIX 4.2.1...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview Service Point V1.2.2 on AIX 4.2.1...
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 07:46:35 -0500
Gord -

Yes, it works on 4.2.1 and it works with NetView V4, so if you have that, NVSP
should still work fine even though V4 is out of support.

Ordering is usually done by your IBM account rep, not by the customer, which is
why you do not understand what the various pieces and codes mean.   You should
get your IBM account rep to explain the differences to you.  Anyone who has an
OS/390 has an account rep somewhere.

 I don't do that sort of thing but I believe that the differences merely
represent ways of paying for it, either a one-tine charge (OTC) or an initial
fee plus a monthly license charge (MLC) which is typical of mainframe products.
My view is that no matter which of these you order, you'll get he same code and
the same product.

PS: If you are serious about this product, then I hope you are good friends with
the VTAM system programmer on OS/390.  He has to define the AIX box as an
independent LU (he should have doc on how to do that but I believe there is a
sample configuration provided in the NVSP manuals) and he has to give you  (or
whoever does the AIX side) all the right parms in order for this to work.  And
don't forget you need to have SNA communications installed on the AIX box as
well.  I believe that is currently part of the AIX Communication Server package.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM> on 11/16/99 12:57:26 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>