Managing Objects...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Managing Objects...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:15:44 PST
Hello All.

My config is: AIX 4.2.1, Netview 5.1 and Nways 2.0.

I have just added about 100 8239 Token Ring Hubs to my seedfile. But they
all get added as unmanaged. Thus they do not get placed into the IBM Hubs
Topology collection and I cannot open the device GUI for them.

But the bigger problem is that I cannot manage them! When I select the
object and choose to manage it, it turns from biege to blue but that's it!
Within the database it is still unmanaged. And when I do a demand poll, it
says it's still unmanaged!

Anyone ever seen this before??

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.