AW: NV backup on regular basis

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: AW: NV backup on regular basis
From: Schiffinger Ralph 2100 <Ralph.Schiffinger@ERSTEBANK.AT>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:02:25 +0100
Andreas,
I have a confession to make ;-)

daily/weekly/whenever (without stopping anything):
tar  -cvf  whateveryoucallit.tar  /usr/OV/

plus, let's say once a week on sundays at 3:00 a.m. something like:

# /home/root/bin/dofullbackup
/usr/OV/bin/ovwexit
/usr/lnms/bin/sa_term
/usr/lnms/bin/opt_term
/usr/OV/bin/ovstop -d
/usr/OV/bin/ovstop -v nvsecd
shutdown -Fm
mount all
chdev -l fi0 -a state=detach
chdev -l tr0 -a state=detach
/usr/bin/mksysb -i /dev/rmt0
chdev -l fi0 -a state=up
chdev -l tr0 -a state=up
reboot

...has been good enough for the last 3 years...

Running AIX 4.2.1.0 / NetView 5.1.1 / Framework 3.6
HTH, Ralph.
iT-AUSTRIA / OE2100 / WPNM
Tel  (mobil)  0664 1908469
Tel  (iT-A)    21717 58948