Re: Netview Read\Write Map

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview Read\Write Map
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:48:21 -0500
Whenever you start the GUI, the name of the map and how it is opened is in the
lower right hand corner.  If you have only one map, the dafeult one, then it
will say "default: read-write" or "default: read-only".  If you have more than
one map, and ovwls will tell you, then you can select which map to open and how
you want to open it, provided the map permissions allow it, on the netview
command itself, as for example
     netview -rw -m mymap
where "mymap" is your map name.  See the man page on netview for details.
Normally this isn't necssary because the first user gets the map read-write.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Indy Chakrabarti <indy.chakrabarti@ewllc.com> on 11/19/99 05:30:00 PM

Please respond to indy.chakrabarti@ewllc.com