Re: Cisco Traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cisco Traps
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:00:19 -0500
I  would use the Collection Editor to make a collection of Cisco Routers.
Then I would use the Ruleset Editor to make a ruleset that checks trap
part 2 for membership in that collection, and then forwards it.  That
gets you the Netview events. I would add a section that checks the
Event Attribute for the cisco enterprise  and forwards those as well. That
gets you the unsolicited traps from Cisco devices. Then I would Create a
Dynamic events display that subscribes to that ruleset.  Or just change
the basic events display to use that ruleset, if that's all you want ever.
(ovstop nvcorrd, ovstart to get the ruleset known to nvcorrd.)

I would like to see only Cisco router activity in my events window.  What
filter or trap do I use to do make this work?

Thanks in advance!

-Alison