Re: Installation on Sun Solaris: Too many open files

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Installation on Sun Solaris: Too many open files
From: Elizabeth Bagley <Ebagley2@AOL.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:03:08 EST
My team saw the same thing when working on the NetView 5.1.1 Integration
training course.  I believe the solution was to set 'ulimit -n unlimited' in
/etc/.login or /etc/profile.  (I don't have my notes here....)  As I recall,
the 5.1.1 release notes mentioned setting a number of ulimit parameters to
'unlimited' for AIX.  There was no note saying this should be done under
Solaris, but when we started adding registration files, we had to make
changes to ulimit parameters.

Hope this helps,
Elizabeth
Tivoli Education