Problems in installing Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Problems in installing Netview
From: Andre Faille <Andre.Faille@SITA.INT>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 09:22:18 -0500
Hi all,

fist, I apologize, this one is a little bit long....

TOPO: TMR is on Machine 1, NetView is on Machine 2... first installation went
fine, but after installing the patches and TIPN, the Tivoli Menu does not appear
in NetView, I decided to remove Netview and Re-install.

Removal steps:
1. In Tivoli, click on the Icon of Netview, select Maintain, Deinstall... once
completed:
2. Remove install keys under /local/tivoli (my default)
     ls -a */*/.installed/*TIPN*
     ls -a */*/.installed/*NV*
     ls -a */*/.installed/*Dyna*
     rm */*/.installed/*TIPN*
     rm */*/.installed/*NV*
     rm */*/.installed/*Dyna*

3. then ran a    wchkdb -ux   on the TMR

Install steps:
1. install NV311 patch on the Machine 1 and the machine 2, OK
2. install Netview Server 5.1 software on machine 2

CRASH while doing the Netview Base Config....
Something went wrong:
Media Packet: "/cdrom/cdrom0/FILE12.PKT"
<machine2>: FAILED (soft error)

FAILURE: The last few lines of the error log (/tmp/NVS_51_CONFBASE_after.error):
+ export ODMDIR
+ odmget -qname=nv6000.base.obj lpp
+ fgrep nv6000.base.obj base.stanza
rtval=0
+ [ 0 != 0 ]
+ set +x
found "TME 10 NetView Server - Base"
version 5 in state 5 (committed).
Please deinstall "nv6000.base.obj"
before installing this current version.
     completed with error
Registering Product Installation attributes..... registered.
Finished Product installation with errors.

This error come up whether I install from the Machine 1 or 2.... I also tried
another CD, same problem.

Thanks for any help.

André Faille
LAN Management Analyst, Computer Desktop Management Team

SITA - EQUANT
770, Sherbrooke West  21st floor, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1G1
Phone: (514) 985-3743       or CVS 7 225 3743      Fax: (514) 847-3400
andre.faille@sita.int    /    http://www.sita.int