Re: Netview for NT Adobe documents

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview for NT Adobe documents
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:28:25 -0500

What document are you trying to open?

There is one on the cd in the installation directories called "netview.pdf"
which, despite its extension, is not an Adobe document.  Rather it is an SMS
installation control file, and if you try that one, you'll get an error which
says that the first line of the file does not begin with '%PDF-" and Adobe won't
open it.  Notepad will, but you should be careful not to make any changes to
this file.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Juan Echevarria <echevarria@ES.IBM.COM> on 11/26/99 06:49:52 AM