Popup Window doesn't work

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Popup Window doesn't work
From: Keiko Mori <kmor@MA.NEWEB.NE.JP>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 21:06:45 +0900
Hi,

I am running NetView 4.1.2 on AIX 4.3.2.with a ruleset.

The ruleset has been written with the following functionality:
If an interface down event is recieved, a ruleset is activated that will
make popup window by the Action "/usr/OV/bin/ovxecho -Title ALARM".
.
It worked well when I logged on as "root" and  run NetView, but does NOT
work
when logging on as another user(ovstart is executed by root).

Do you have any tips to solve this problem?
I doubt following variables....
 ? DISPLAY variable in the X Window System: Do I have to run NetView
-display flag?
 ? Workspace in NvEnvironment
 ? .Xauthority

/Keiko