Label/Object name display problem (Netview for NT)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Label/Object name display problem (Netview for NT)
From: "FINEOUT, KIRK" <KFINEOUT@AMICA.COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 08:38:53 -0500
Hi,
I've discovered a couple hundred nodes without DNS entries; these nodes show
up on maps with a label equal to their IP address (The object name was also
equal to their IP address).  I've corrected our DNS tables and issued demand
polls against these nodes.  They now have object names equal to their DNS
names but the display label is still their IP address.  Is there a way to
convert all the labels to their object names without manually selecting each
node and changing the label?  I was planning on dropping the databases and
rediscovering the network again but this seems excessive.  Does anyone know
of a solution?

P.S. I'm running Netview for NT 5.1.1 with MS SQL server.
Thanks,
Kirk Fineout