Re: APM

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: APM
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 23:28:15 -0500
I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that expressions and wildcard instances
don't
mix. Have you tried this with a specific interace instance? I know that if
you were
monitoring something like filesystem utilization, and used *, it would
threshold
for any instance, but I'm not sure it behaves the same way when there is an
expression involved. You may have to monitor them separately.

Anybody else? I'm reaching way back here...

Hello Everybody,

        I have NetView server 5.1.2 running on Solaris 2.6 O/S. Here is
what
I am trying to do using Agent Policy Manager.
        Using threshold and Collection policy, obtain bandwidth utilization
on CISCO 8540 switch/router. Following is the formula

        ((.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.*) *8 *100)/.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.5.*

        This is the router with full duplex configuration. I am getting
strange utilization results ( like 325%, 137% ), which is not true.
        If I use xnmcollect from NetView, results are OK. I have also used
@delta function eventhough by default all counter MIB variables are
converted into integer and when query these variables it should give you
the
delta value.
        Any suggestions?

Thanks,