Re: double entries in SMIT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: double entries in SMIT
From: Steve Thornhill <steve_thornhill@UK.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:56:05 +0000
Yes, you need to pull all the affected areas out of the ODM, deleted the
duplicate areas and re-write to the ODM. I would advise a good backup first,
just in case.

Steve Thornhill - IBM ETC
Int       - 255104
Ext      - 01705 565104
Mob   - 0378 289770
Email - steve_thornhill@uk.ibm.com

"MENEZES, ALAIN" <alain.menezes@FORTISBANK.COM> on 09/12/99 14:43:15

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Steve Thornhill/UK/IBM)
Subject:  double entries in SMIT

Hi all,

I installed TME 10 NetView twice in a row on an AIX system : SMIT now shows
two entries for each item regarding NetView.
Is there any way I could get into RODM and correct this ?
(This is a test machine so even unsupported procedures are welcome : bad
comes to the wors, I could scratch the whole thing down!)

Thanks

Al