Re: AIX 4.3.x

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: AIX 4.3.x
From: Frederic Mottiat <frederic_mottiat@BE.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:16:56 +0100
Al,

As far as Netview is concerned, you shouldn't get any problem. Just pay
attention however to the LIBPATH statement which you may need to change (AIX
4.3.2 is running with X11R6, and you need to change the LIBPATH statement to
point it to X11R5 libraries - don't forget to install them). Best place to
change this would be in /etc/netnmrc and /usr/OV/bin/applsetup. This is defect
43130. If I'm not mistaken patch 5.1.1 modifies the "nv6000" script to reflect
the change, but then you're stuck if you start the GUI with the ovw command.

I would apply patch 5.1.2, if you have it.

Don't know for Optivity.

Fred

Frederic Mottiat - IBM Global Services (PSS-SMNS)
Tivoli Implementation & Services
Email : frederic_mottiat@be.ibm.com
Tel :  02/225 34 08        Gsm : +32 (0)75 388 773

"MENEZES, ALAIN" <alain.menezes@FORTISBANK.COM> on 13/12/99 12:07:21

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>